During the late 1980’s Michael became extremely ill as a result of an encounter in the far north of Scotland with a powerful elemental being that he calls the Sulfur Daemon. Several years later and close to death, he was led to an ancient female yew tree in the south of Scotland. Michael spent over nine years under this yew where he was healed and where he was given the template for a spiritual teaching and shamanic healing practice (Yewshamanism) that he refers to collectively as the Yew Mysteries. Michael emigrated to the USA in 2003.
While living in Scotland Michael studied Craniosacral Therapy with Donald Howitt D.O. and now offers a two -year foundation training in a unique form of Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy in Western Massachusetts.
Michael currently teaches the Yew Mysteries in USA, Canada and in UK. He has written about his experiences with the yew in the book Soul Companions and in many other publications including Sacred Hoop and the Journal of Contemporary Shamanism.
Michael has offered classes, workshops and presentations at the following venues, events and locations:
- Still Meadow Conference and Retreat Center, Portland, OR
- The Sacred Circle of Great Mystery Shamanic Society, Squamish, BC Canada
- Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
- The Faery Congress, WA
- Clark University MA
- St Michael’s College VT
- The ARC (Alternative Research Community) Convention, Bath UK
- Cranwell Resort, Lenox MA
- Earthdance, Plainfield MA
- The Green Mountain Druid Order VT
- Spirit Fire Festival NY
- Rites of Spring MA
- Feast of Lights MA
- Sacred Stone Center For Holistic Education RI
- Unicorn Books and Spiritual Resource Center MA
- Nine Mountain Retreat Center MA